Thursday, September 25, 2008

Witches

Owen and I have been playing make believe. We had a mommy/son day at the park. We went on a short hike in the woods. We were "looking for the dragon and giant". When we found the dragon (tree stump and looked like it could be the tail end of a dragon" I told him that I thought the dragon was petrified, I explained that it was now wood like because the witch ( who lived in the trees at this park) put a magic spell on the dragon and made it that way. Owen wouldn't walk past the tree, he insisted I touch it and hold him as we walked by.

Oh boy, for days Owen has been talking about witches. Amy his child care provider says he's talking about it all the time at her house, to the point that he's scaring himself. She won't even say the word out loud and spelled it out to me when discussing her concern.

Last night at dinner he had a short conversation about a "witch". It went something like this...
Emily- "Owen I hear you've been talking to Amy about witches"
Owen-"Mrs. Anderson is a witch".
Chad- "who's Mrs. Anderson".
Owen-" the crossing guard at Bella's school".
Chad- "how do you know she is a witch Owen".
Owen -"she has white hair".

Chad and I are just amazed, he's 2 years old and knows what the crossing guard is. However, Amy is worried Owen might call Mrs. Anderson a witch when they pick up Bella from school.

He means no harm really. He just thinks she's the one that cast the spell on the dragon in the park.

Oh to be 2 again!

No comments: