Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Locked in locked out







Ok just for those of you that think you're having a bad day.


Could it be any worse than... driving to Seattle to take your parents to the port and leaving your truck (husbands truck no less, with his fishing license he needs for his fishing trip the next day) in the parking lot at the port while you take a cab to the theater down town Seattle, to come back and find you are locked out of the parking area, not an attendant in sight, not a single way back in to get you truck out.

Thank goodness I let Desiree drive me back to the parking lot, if I would have been in a cab Alyssa and I would have been stuck on the side of the road looking lost and pathetic or with a huge cab fair from Seattle to Tacoma.

If that doesn't sound too terribly bad and you think your day is worse, could it be worse than (mind you this is less than 24 hours later) leaving the house in your mom's car (because she drives a mustang and you thought you'd be really cool driving it) to go to the gym to come home and realize you took your mom's keys not your own and have locked yourself, your 2 year old and 6 year old out of the house. The spare key isn't in the "hiding spot" and you neighbor, bless her heart talks you into using her really long ladder to get on the roof (which has a very steep slope mind you). Getting on the roof proves to be a bit more challenging than first anticipated and neither myself nor Laura would take that step from the top rung of the ladder to the steep incline of the roof. We go and find another window that is open (only windows that are open are on the 2nd floor), as we position the ladder(and now the whole neighborhood is watching and knows exactly how easy it is to break into our home) we find we can't get the screen off. I say "just get me a knife and I'll cut it, but unsure if I can fit in the window we look for another window. Owen's bedroom window is open and I manage...finagle more like myself inside the window as Laura "shout's where is a camera when you need one" as my rear is sticking out of the window as I'm driving in face first.
Really your day can't be that bad.

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

Oh my. That's even better than my tire tales this summer! Glad to hear you finally made it in!