Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of First Grade- "So easy"










So for those of you that know me well, know how hard I was struggling with whether to send Alyssa to 1st grade this year. Being a young kindergartener I thought that perhaps she should do kindergarten again and give her a little edge when she entered the 1st grade.





Well as you know from our previous post when she graduated Kindergarten we made the decision to let her move on with her classmates to the first grade. Even though we made the decision I had a difficult time this summer letting it go and giving it to God. I still had serveral conversations with myself, Laura, Desiree and Cathy (all my good friends) and Chad as to whether we made the right decision.





Knowing that God had given me peace when I prayed about this at the end of last year, Alyssa started 1st grade on Sept. 2. What I'm most excited about is she's returning to the school she attended last year, in a 1st and 2nd grade combination class. She has 19 ( 10 from Kindergarten) classmates and Amber, Alyssa's best friend (who is in 2nd grade) is in her class. Alyssa is excited about being in the same class and Amber said she is most excited about being able to help Alyssa.
We also have the priviledge of taking Amber to school. This is the second year that she has accompanied Alyssa to school, making the transition so easy for all of us.
Both girls reported after the first day of school that "First grade is so easy" - Alyssa,
"Second grade is so easy" - Amber.



1 comment:

The Dunham's said...

My sweet Alyssa Roo! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I remember holding you in my arms as a new born baby gushing with love for you. I still gush with love and can't belive what a beautiful, smart, and loving girl you have become. I love you so very much. You are so precious. Have a wonderful time in First GRADE!!!! Love Auntie Kimmi