Wednesday, March 12, 2008

TT's 50

Happy Birthday TT! I couldn't think of a better way to publicly tell everyone you are fifty. Now I just have to hope you check out our blog to see it yourself. Well for those of you who don't know TT, let me tell you a little bit about this spectacular lady! As Chad and I wish Tami Belisle a Happy 5oth Birthday, let me share my top 10 reasons she's so special to us.

1. She's the grandma to our children. She's the type of Grandma my children long to see and play with. She is great at getting the children involved with what ever she might be doing. For instance, she has a niche for hunting slugs in the pitch dark. Alyssa enjoys nothing more than going out late at night with Grandma to hunt for those awful slugs that eat Grandma's plants. I don't know if it's the hunt Alyssa loves more, or just being with her Grandma.

2. She's the mother to Chad. Tami and Jon have raised Chad since he was in elementary school. She has loved and cared for Chad and Holli as her own. She selflessly opened a big place in her heart and home at a very young age to raise Chad and Holli after their mom passed away.

3. She's a great wife to her husband. Tami has stood by Jon's side through sickness and health. During the good times and bad. She has been a pillar of strength and shown much mercy and grace. She is a great example to me, how to love a husband even when times get rough.

4. She's been a cheerleader to me. Whether it's my job, school, motherhood, family matters...whatever Tami has supported and encouraged me along the way. Her words of praise ring in my ears. She's proud of me and tells me often.

5. She's one strong cookie. She hangs gutters with Jon, hangs Christmas lights in the rain by herself and cuts and burns tree trimming at their property across the way. She can do anything she puts her mind too and has the muscle to make it happen.

6. She loved her mom dearly and shares stories about her past which helps us preserve memories. Grandma Dorothy passed away on the first day of our senior year in High School. Not only was this devastating to Tami, but also to Chad and Holli. Dorothy was a wonderful person who brought much light to this world. Tami tells us often as well as our children how proud Dorothy would be of all of us.

7. She never forgets our birthdays and calls to sings Happy Birthday to us. This tradition is something I look forward to every year. This year we turned the table and sang to her...well Alyssa did (she didn't want anyone else to participate).

8. She has a relationship with Chad that I know he adores. They talk weekly, maybe only about the weather and work, but she makes it a priority to check in with him and he with her. There is a special bond between mother and son and it's obvious with Tami and Chad.

9. She's comfortable in her own shoes. This is something she's teaching me.

10. She'd do anything in the world for us! If only she'd do for herself more often But she won't she's a giver by nature. I hope this year will be a time that she finds more time for herself and the things that she loves and the things that bring her the greatest happiness. Our lives are better because Tami has a place in them. Thanks for being you and being in our lives. We love you.

No comments: