Sunday, December 28, 2008

Good Bye Christmas





















































Our Christmas tree is down, the decorations have been put back (except the one I noticed in the kitchen...arrg now I have to get back in the attic). Our house is still a mess, but most of the toys and clothes from Christmas have been put away. Now I have to figure out how to change the blog template. I'm not doing that tonight, as it took me too long to it get it to where it's at. The blog might stay Christmas until late January or until I have more free time.
Our Christmas was delightful. We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and Chuck and his family. Christmas morning with Chad's family, the kids loved playing with their cousins. Christmas day was spent with Chad's grandma. Chad has celebrated Christmas at his grandmas house every year with the exception of maybe 2. That's amazing. His grandma "Deed" as we call her is 83 years old (I think that's what Holli said). She hosts a Christmas dinner for her sons and their families as well as all the cousins. It's quite the assentic mix, one that I've learned to appreciate. I realized this year how much it means to Chad to be part of this tradition, even if it's a long drive and you never really know what's going to happen at Grandmas.

I love Christmas because we can be with family, but what I miss when we go home is that our families don't really celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. They don't celebrate the birth of our Savior Christ Jesus. I pray that one day we can all celebrate the same way. I'm committing to praying for our families this year, that they would come to know the Lord as their Savior. I'm praying that in some way we could be a witness to them and live our love for the Lord out loud in a way that won't scare them away.

With that said, we do recognize the blessings our families bring and enjoy them completely. This holiday a fun highlight was Bowling with the cousins and grandmas and grandpas the day after Christmas. Owen and Alyssa had such a blast and we had a great time watching them. It was fun to get John and Tami out for some family fun and spend time with the girls (Taylor, Jayme and Carli).

I of course miss my sisters on Christmas and long for the day that we can be together at Christmas. So the other cousins can play together. I'm praying that Nate gets the border patrol job and stationed in Tacoma/Seattle.




























































No comments: