Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Orleans and some things I learned





















Chad and I were fortunate enough to escape for a long weekend in New Orleans. I had to travel to NOLA for a work conference so we decided to leave early and enjoy some time to ourselves...which seems so hard to come by these days. TT and John and my mom and Chuck took kept Alyssa and Owen from Saturday until Tuesday when Chad got back.

We had a great time. While away I learned:

1. That time alone with my husband can revitalize a marriage that seemed drab and predictable prior to leaving for NOLA.

2. Hours spent on a plane is equivalent to rest.

3. I can enjoy myself without being with my kids.

4. I can enjoy my husband.

5. I still very much love my husband.
6. There is much beauty, history and devastation present in NOLA.
7. It's fun to drink hurricanes and try new foods.

8. NOLA is somewhere we'd love to go back to.

9. Bourbon street is fun the first and second time you go there, the third time is a mistake.

10. There is nothing better to coming home to your family who is so excited to see you.

No comments: