Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ashley is back




From the beach to Tacoma to California to the beach and back to Tacoma. Ashley is back. We've had a great week with Ashley. The kids have spent some quality time with their auntie and I'm enjoying having her back too. Ashley lived with us for a year. It was a bit challenging because of the size of our house and the fact that I suffer from the "big sister syndrome". I guess that was a more difficult on Ashley than on me. However I what I realize since she is back (not living with us this time) is how much we missed her. She has a special bond with Alyssa and Owen. They adore her. I think Ashley is very proud of her niece and nephews and is a great aunt. I also realized it's nice to have family around. Not just for the sake of babysitting (which is nice), but also to have that connection to family. Ashley is 12 year younger than me and we really don't have much in common. But what I do know is that I love her dearly and only want the best for her. I love that she's back and hope that our relationship can grow. I love that my kids will grow up around their aunt.


1 comment:

Team Houston said...

Hi Em,

Love the new look on your blog.

I agree with you. So nice to have family in the same time. I miss that!

Just checking in to say HI!

Take care, Michele