Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Facebook is taking over the world

I've noticed a decline in the amount my friends are blogging, myself included. This Facebook is creating quite the epidemic. My friends are coming out of the woodwork. Some who I've not talked to for years and years and years. Some I see regularly. It a new way to communicate. I can find out what each friend is doing in that moment. Granted most of the time I don't care that they stopped for coffee or have been sitting at the computer for hours spying on each other. Although I've found myself looking at profiles "just out of curiosity", "I wonder what they do for a living, if they are married, do they have children".

On the other hand you can't really hide from anyone. If there is someone out there that finds you that you don't necessarily want to reconnect with, you run the risk of offending them when you decline their offer to be "friends". I guess that's one way to send the message you don't want to continue the friendship. Not yet have I declined anyone.

My biggest pet peeve about this facebook revolution, is that the bloggers aren't blogging as much. Those that I rely on their blog as a life line to keep us connected have been sucked into Facebook. I miss you dear friends and I can certainly look at your facebook (which I do)...but please tell me more than what you had for dinner or the errands you ran.

Oh and those little virtual gifts, causes etc....they make me crazy!

Happy Blogging!

3 comments:

Team Houston said...

I agree...I think I am over face book.....I have enjoyed catching up with old friends and my cousins but I feel the same way, that's it...not much more contact than that initial....I have missed blogging and I am back :O)

Thinking of you and Happy New Year Miss EM!

I am so excited as two of my buds are having babies this year!! Rachel and Windy!!!!

xoxo M

Andrea said...

YES! No go read my blog.

Kristin said...

I still blog and I'm glad you do
too!